The Teacher's College Reading & Writing Project has developed a YouTube channel to support parents with literacy. Click on the link below or the owl image for some great reading, writing and phonics videos!
Literacy at FMCS
At FMCS we are very focused on not only teaching our students to learn to read, but helping them to develop a lifelong love of reading as well.
Some of our current strategies include:
- Comfortable Student Reading Nooks
- Read with the Principal Program
- Daily DEAR (Drop Everything and Read) Time
- School Literacy Team
- All teachers certified in and practising current methodologies including the Balanced Literacy Program
- Language Arts Focus in class activities
- Participation in events such as the Guiness Book of World Records Reading Challenge
- Virtual Author Visits
- Virtual Guest Readers
- Intervention Programs