Annually the Fort Vermilion School Division will consult with stakeholders relating to setting, increasing or decreasing to any fee or cost. Please complete the questionnaire below which will provide information that will be compiled and brought to the March Public Board Meeting.
Please find the Student Fee Structure guideline below for your review. Click HERE to complete the survey.
Student Fee Structure
Schools may charge a student’s parent any fee or cost for resources related to instruction pursuant to the School Fees and Cost Regulation and School Transportation Regulation, the School Act, and the FVSD Student Fee Structure Guideline.
Fees are due and payable at the time of registration and prior to receipt of services unless arrangements are made with the school principal for alternative terms of payment.
- Schools may charge school fees as identified in Fee Schedule.
- Schools shall ensure that fees listed in Fee Schedule are only used for the purpose for which they are collected and should be directly related to the cost of the resource/service provided to the student.
- Financial records shall be maintained at the school and Division level, for the fees collected and disbursed.
- Fees for services provided over time shall be assessed and refunded on a prorated basis.
- The school fee schedule shall be reviewed on an annual basis by the Secretary-Treasurer. Any change to the school fee schedule shall be reviewed by the Board of Trustees.
- An amended fee schedule shall be reviewed by the School Board by the end of March for the following school year.
- In developing and reviewing the fee schedule the Superintendent may receive input from Central Office Administration, School Principals, staff, school council, parent(s)/guardian(s) and where appropriate other community stakeholders.
- Fees shall be identified in the Division Budget.
- Schools are prohibited from requiring parent(s)/guardian(s) to provide goods or services in lieu of fees unless otherwise indicated in Fee Schedule.
- In the 2017-2018 school year, school leadership will consult with FVSD Central Office Administration to develop standardized student supply lists.
Fee Schedule 2018-2019
Fees for Courses:
The Industrial Education/Home Economics rates for consumable materials are as follows:
a) Junior High - Grades 7-9 $20.00
b) Senior High - Grades 10-12 $5.00 per credit to a maximum of $80.00 per student per year.
Calculator Rent $20.00 (Maximum)
No additional fees and no refunds will either be assessed or paid for any additional credits earned or credits not achieved.
Extracurricular Fees per Sport/Clubs:
High School Sports Team $125.00 (Maximum)
Junior High Sports Team $100.00 (Maximum)
All Other Sports $30.00 (Maximum)
Zone Fee for Individual Sports $50.00 (Maximum)
Provincial Fee for Individual Sports $50.00 (Maximum)
Overnight Tournament Fee (per tournament) $100.00 (Maximum)
Clubs $100.00 (Maximum)
Hotel Rooms (Cost Recovery)
Ski Trips $400.00 (Maximum)
Adventure Academy $180.00
Out of Province Trips Defined by 3rd Party Fee
Field Trips $125.00 (Maximum)
Graduation $300.00 (Maximum)
Non-Curricular Goods and Services:
Locks (Refundable) $5.00 (Maximum)
Lost and/or damaged textbooks or technology shall be charged according to the following schedule:
1 year old or less 80% of replacement cost
2-3 years old 60% of replacement cost
4-5 years old 40% of replacement cost
More than 5 years old 20% of replacement cost
Any variance to current 2018-2019 school fees requires Superintendent approval. Each school must have a Student Fee Schedule outlined in their school handbook.
Transportation is available to students within the 2.4 kilometers walk limit and residing in the urban area. The cost for urban transportation within the Division is as follows:
Students with physical disabilities – no charge
E.C.S. (1/2 time) - $25.00 per month
E.C.S (Full-time) - $40.00 per month
Grades 1-6 - $40.00 per month
Grades 7-12 - $50.00 per month
Family Rate Maximum - $100.00 per month