We are currently hiring for the following positions. Click the name of the position you are interested in to see more details.
Cook's Helper - Florence MacDougall Community School
Florence MacDougall Community School is hiring a Cook’s Helper for the remainder of the 2020-21 school year. The Cook’s Helper will take direction from the Head Cook and the School Principal to assist in the operation of the School Nutrition Program. This position is 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday mornings from February 1 to June 18, 2021.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation, serving and cleanup of daily lunch and snack.
- Assist with daily cleaning and sanitation practices and seasonal cleaning duties.
- Must be able to life heavy pots and kitchen equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by the School Principal in collaboration with the Head Cook
- Grade 12 diploma
- Food/Nutrition/Sanitization Courses are an asset, however training will be provided
- Must be willing to take direction from a supervisor.
- Capacity to take the initiative and work independently.
- Able to work in cooperation with Students and School Staff
- Evidence of successfully passing the required Police Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) and Children’s Services Intervention Record Check (IRC) if applicable. Please go to our website fvsd.ab.ca for more information and to access IRC or VSC request forms.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- $18.12 – $21.54 per hour, depending upon qualifications and experience
- Benefits will be provided after the mandatory 3-month probationary period is successfully completed
Application must include: A cover letter, resume, and a minimum of 2 employer references.
The required Vulnerable Sector Check and the Intervention Record Check (if applicable), dated within 6 months, may follow your application, and must be presented as a condition of employment.
Email Application to: email@example.com
Deadline: Open until filled.
Fort Vermilion School Division
"Our Children, Our Students, Our Future"
Phone: 780-927-3766 / Fax: 780-927-4625